With the development of the limestone quarry on the Little Orme in the late 19th century, Penrhyn Bay came into existence as quarrymen and their families set up home.
The spiritual life of the community began in 1900 when meetings were held in a private dwelling house at Morfa Cottages. In 1905 a small chapel was built on the current site in Maesgwyn Road. This quickly became too small and in 1926 the current building was completed - the original building became what is now known as the schoolroom. The distinctive white and black timber church, still remembered by many of Penrhyn Bay's residents, was only ever intended to be temporary but it was not until 1999 that it was refurbished to become the brick structure that we know today.
With over 100 years of history the Church has been blessed with a succession of full-time Ministers. After over 40 years of leading our church the Reverend John Dowber is now our Church Secretary and Elder. The church's minister is now the Reverend Neil Kirkham who also leads Gloddaeth United Church in Llandudno.